[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 20:43:52 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded my setup from Myth 0.24 to 0.27.4. In the process I updated
> my frontends to the current CentOS 6.6 and I'm having trouble getting LIRC
> running on them:

At this point, I have to ask, is there a justifiable reason to
continue to flail around with lirc on Centos 6 rather than
flail around with an update to Centos 7 which has the
newer lirc in EPEL (and has a longer life ahead of it)?

I am sure you can (eventually) get everything to work,
but why not make the effort on a base built from software
revisions released this decade rather than the last?