[mythtv-users] Still haunted by my master backend change

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Jul 25 21:22:33 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-07-25 at 23:13 +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Oh what fun we have.
>
> Just tried to look at something on YouTube using MythNetVision and the URL
> it tries (and fails) is the IP address of the old backend.
>
> "
> Host Unreachable
> When conecting to
> http://192.168.1.10:6544/InternetContent/GetInternetContent?Grabber=nv_python_libs/configs/HTML/youtube.html&videocode=xxxxxxxxxx
> "
>
> I can't find any config to tell it what backend IP address is should use
> and everything else works. I've checked config.xml and it is pointing at
> the correct database server so I assume I've got leftover crud in my
> database. What process is supposed to keep this clean?

There were some recent bugs related to the use/resolving hostnames in
the mythtv-setup of BE IP addresses. It was possible to use names in
place of IP addresses but was never the intended behaviour (or similar).

Is your old master backend still alive/running?
Have you looked at all the locations for config.xml :-
- /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml         (normal BE user)
- /home/<the-FE-user>/.mythtv/config.xml  (possible diff FE user)
- /etc/mythtv/config.xml                  (fall back)
I would suggest the backend & frontend logs as these indicate which
config.xml is being used (or they do with extra verbose settings).

Maybe your IP address is not what you think or not static; mysql is
listening local so that just works. How are you setting the static IP?
local config or from router using MAC or hostnames list.

I believe mythtv finds/uses the flash installed for firefox/netscape
plugin API. So try your flash radio in firefox.