[mythtv-users] LIRC not detecting certain keypresses with MCE remotes (modifiers?)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:06:12 UTC 2015

On 23 July 2015 at 15:43, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/07/15 14:18, Nick Morrott wrote:
>
>> Do newer versions of LIRC (I'm currently tied to 0.9.x on Debian)
>

> ouch... that's old...

lirc 0.9.0~pre1-1.2 is current.

>> recognise this invalid configuration and refuse to start?
>

> Newer uopstream version does not use hardware.conf at all. The configuration
> is heavily revised, partly to fit the default systemd setup. BTW,
> hardware.conf has never been upstreamed, it's a debian/ubuntu thing only.

Debian packaging would want to have current installations unaffected
by the changes to upstream LIRC. I could take a look at how things are
currently patches/packages and could discuss further on lirc-users
when I have some time.

> While there is no real checking, I don't think getting this kind of config
> is likely using the documentation and tools available.

Not sure if I misunderstood Tim's earlier post, but to me it implied
that mythbuntu-control-center (obv a downstream tool, so any issues
should be reported there) had generated his (broken) config
automatically.

Cheers,
Nick