[mythtv-users] best current RedHat-based distro for simple MythTV

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Jul 20 14:29:19 UTC 2015

On 7/20/2015 2:28 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 13/07/15 17:51, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>> My choices seem to be CentOS 6, CentOS 7, and Fedora 22.
> Centos 7 will work, we have a buildslave building on that platform
> and do plan to support it while it's out for as long as possible.
>
> I suspect there are no packages for centos7, it will be a case of
> build it yourself.

Wrong.

http://scrpms.net/pub/

I am currently using Stephen Collier's EL6 packages for CentOS 6. They
currently have some dependencies on ATRpms but he plans on removing that
and only having dependencies (I think) on ELRepo.

He has a web page with installation instructions somewhere but I can
never remember where it's at.