[mythtv-users] CCI Copy Freely Letter Campaign

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 12:24:31 UTC 2015

Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

>> Ditto, I'm in the UK - though what happens "over there" tends to get imported sooner or later :-(
>>
> In this case, in the UK, we are already well past that point.
>
> Here, there is no alternative of a cable card for any of the service suppliers (BT Vision, Virgin Media and Sky. There are probably others). You get one of their Set Top Boxes and you are stuck with that.

Except that we do have a "quite good" service without having to pay for one of those - from what I read, it seems that large proportions of our US friends get "very little" without paying for cable or similar.
Unless you like watching sports of course, where the pay operators have outbid the FTA ones.

But then I read this :