[mythtv-users] phpmyadmin no unique on settings table?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 23:47:11 UTC 2015

Hoi Rich,

Friday, July 3, 2015, 12:44:52 AM, you wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's why he could not edit the table in phpmyadmin. Because there was
>> no Index. Just like on my system. If he is running Gentoo it could be
>> that the scheme coming with the installation there is faulty
>>

> Gentoo doesn't mess with the DB schemas.  That should be 100% out of
> the box.  However, if it is a long-lived install (ie upgraded over
> many versions) I can't vouch for how mythtv has upgraded the schemas.
> The only real DB issue Gentoo ever had with MythTV was that our MySQL
> default charset wasn't what MythTV was expecting, and that resulted in
> a bumpy 0.22 upgrade.

> I'd think that adding the key after the fact shouldn't hurt anything.

> --
> Rich

I looked again and I think we have name confusion. With KEY normally a
primary index is indicated. On my table there is an ordinary index on
(value, hostname) named value not a primary.
Because of no primary index (which is always named primary) you can
not edit the table in the graphical interface. You have to use SQL.
The KEY Dan indicated is an ordinary Index because it is not named
primary!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven