[mythtv-users] phpmyadmin no unique on settings table?

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Thu Jul 2 22:44:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's why he could not edit the table in phpmyadmin. Because there was
> no Index. Just like on my system. If he is running Gentoo it could be
> that the scheme coming with the installation there is faulty

Gentoo doesn't mess with the DB schemas.  That should be 100% out of
the box.  However, if it is a long-lived install (ie upgraded over
many versions) I can't vouch for how mythtv has upgraded the schemas.
The only real DB issue Gentoo ever had with MythTV was that our MySQL
default charset wasn't what MythTV was expecting, and that resulted in
a bumpy 0.22 upgrade.

I'd think that adding the key after the fact shouldn't hurt anything.

--
Rich