[mythtv-users] find_orphans and error?

paul thannet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 16:31:28 UTC 2015

On 23/01/15 15:12, Bill Meek wrote:

>> Does look like there are two:-
>>
>> paul at MicroServer:~$  diff ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
>> ~/.mythtv/config.xml
>> 21c21
>> <   <LocalHostName></LocalHostName>
>> ---
>>  >   <LocalHostName>server</LocalHostName>
>>
>> paul at MicroServer:~$ ls -ld {~mythtv,~}/.mythtv/config.xml
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 mythtv mythtv 599 Sep 10 15:21
>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 paul   paul   605 Dec 21 16:50
>> /home/paul/.mythtv/config.xml
>
> Hi,
>
> That's good info, but I'm not sure it will fix the error. The backend
> is running
> with the hostname (really a profile name inside MythTV) that's
> different from the
> one used by your user. I'd remove the word "server" from your
> config.xml so that
> they match (or possibly adjust the mythtv config.xml to use server
> too.) You get
> to choose the solution. There's probably a /etc/mythtv/config.xml file
> too and
> you could link the config.xml files of users mythtv and paul to it.

Hi.

Sadly no, changing those entries, either inserting then, or removing
them, re running backend setup etc, made no difference, same error.

+-------------------+------+-------------+
| value             | data | hostname    |
+-------------------+------+-------------+
| BackendServerPort | 6543 | NULL        |
| BackendServerPort | 6543 | microserver |
| BackendServerPort | 6543 | server      |
| BackendServerPort | 6543 | vs          |
| BackendServerPort | 6543 | vs server   |
+-------------------+------+-------------+
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./find_orphans.py", line 222, in <module>
     BE = MythBE(db=DB)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/mythproto.py", line 93,
in __init__
     self.port = int(self.db.settings[self.hostname].BackendServerPort)
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

Oh well, thanks for all the help Bill, think I shall give the
find_orphans a miss for the foreseable future.

Paul.