[mythtv-users] Bug in mythvidexport?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jan 20 15:57:17 UTC 2015

I've been trying to export some of the Christmas recordings to video and there
seems to be a bug in mythvidexport.py. The data below is just a test sample.

I pulled this version off the wiki; there doesn't appear to be one offered by my
distribution.

When I eventually discovered the log, it said this:

'Copying myth://Default@ruby.example.com/1001_20150101162000.mpg to
myth://Videos@ruby/Videos/The Adventures of Tintin: the Secret of the Unicorn.mpg'

The problem is the two hostnames. The first is correct, the second is not.

Now, I have specified FQDNs in the "LocalHostName" fields for ALL my hosts which
can access myth, due to varying and inconsistent results previously.

Looking at mythvidexport.py, I see this early in the process:

         self.vid = Video(db=self.db).create({'title':'', 'filename':'',
                                              'host':gethostname()})

...this is only going to provide "ruby", not "ruby.example.com", which is the
identifier all storage groups are stored under in the database.

Am I correct in assuming that gethostname() should not have been used here,
since it does not identify the host? I don't speak python so I have no idea how
to change this to be something sensible (except perhaps to hard-code it!).

(Of course I could be wrong and the problem is elsewhere; as I said I don't
speak python.)

--

Mike Perkins