[mythtv-users] Filesystem of choice for recording drive?

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:28:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Mike Hodson <mystica at gmail.com> wrote:
> That seems somewhat soon for a 2tb vintage drive to just up and die...

According to the SMART data the drive has had 1509 days of power on
time.  To be honest, I can't remember if I changed the head park times
or not when I originally put it in.  Here's the SMART summary:

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: FAILED!
Drive failure expected in less than 24 hours. SAVE ALL DATA.
See vendor-specific Attribute list for failed Attributes.

The Western Digital drive tools program won't even finish and just
stops the test after a few hours.  I can't even get it to save a log.
Based on the life of the drive the warranty is well expired.