[mythtv-users] Recommended Disk Test

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Jan 13 22:13:25 UTC 2015

On 01/13/2015 01:55 PM, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> Dick - your command timeout (#188) value looks pretty bad, and it's 1
> of the 5 metrics which the Backblaze people have found to be relevant
> to predicted drive failures.  FWIW, on both of my Seagates the value
> is zero.

Thanks. I've been thinking about upgrading the hard drive to something
larger. So far the 320 has been plenty of capacity for me, but maybe
it's time to move into TB land, and this might be the opportunity to do so.

> https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-smart-stats/

Thanks. Interesting reading. I'll go back and try to understand more of it.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens