[mythtv-users] RPi,BPi,BBB mythtv backend setup can't find

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri Jan 9 00:06:09 UTC 2015

On 8/01/2015 11:38 PM, Bert Haskins wrote:

>>> I don't think deb-multimedia provides binaries for ARM architectures.

>>> Indeed.
>>>
>> Sorry, I missed that. I wasn't aware that there were repositories for
>> ARM architectures, which usually means building from source.
>>
>> If there are such repositories, then that would be useful to know. As
>> far as I am aware, most people with ARM devices use an Android app or
>> a version of xbmc.
>>
> Looks like I've trashed sources.list somehow.
> if someone could send me a working copy that would be nice else i just
> start over.
>
> The Banana Pi seems to be much quicker than the others.
> i hope that it gets a lot of support.

If you install lubuntu on the banana pi, you can install packaged
version of mythtv.  Doesnt work real well as a frontend, no video
hardware acceleration - but I didn't play with it for long.  I have a
banana pi (with sata drive) running as my local mail server (postfix,
dovecot, spamassassin, clamav) and its fantastic for that purpose.