[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 06:47:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>>

>> I've still not received mine. How has your testing been going?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thomas Mashos
>>
> I've got linux (ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10) installed and had mythtv frontend
> running fine.
> I used a powered hub to power the meegopad and to provide keyboard and mouse
> and the USB to install from.
>
> The EFI on the system is only 32bit EFI so you have to build a bootia32.efi
> and pop that on the USB then it boots fine.
> You have to keep pressing "Del" to get to the firmware (bios) then go to the
> "Save & Exit" and choose the USB device to boot from.
>
> Make sure that you don't disable USB while fiddling as some others have done
> as you will be a bit stuffed! And have to wait for
> an update from the seller.
>
> The only problem I have is that the sound does not work yet. I'm putting
> windows back on it (I backed up the MMC before installing linux)
> so I can get the ACPI device ids for the audio sub system so hopefully I can
> hack up a driver fro linux.

I am the aforesaid idiot who changed some bios setting, and now cannot
do anything because the only control is via a usb keyboard and/or
mouse. Unplugging the bios battery for over 12 hours changed nothing.
I am hoping someone is going to send me a new bios, which can
apparently be flashed from a usb stick. Fingers crossed.

Before I screwed up so royally I was running windows 8.1 with Kodi
(the media centre previously known as prin^h^h^h^h xbmc) running fine.
Didn't have time to test the PVR functionality.