[mythtv-users] recommendations?: energy efficient FE/BE system

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Fri Feb 20 18:21:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> I record OTA HD channels all the time and they play fine on my 720p Plasma
> tv/monitor, with nothing done to alter them.

So are you saying no sort of rescaling or down-converting, a process that
relies on CPU or maybe GPU processor power, needs to happen when 1080
content needs to be displayed on a 720 monitor? I don't claim to
understand the technical aspects of this very well, but it's been my
understanding that this is the way things work. Kind of tangential to my
query, but it'd be nice to find out whether I'm mistaken in assuming that
some load is put on the CPU (in my case, where special graphics devices
with GPU's are not in place) by this process.