[mythtv-users] recommendations?: energy efficient FE/BE system

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Feb 18 21:41:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:35 PM, James Miller
> <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:
>> I've done a little preliminary research and found, for example, this
>> pre-built box:
>> http://www.logicsupply.com/computers/hardware-line/commercial/mc600b-10/.
>> Anyone have any opinions on that low-power unit as a Myth FE/BE box?
>
> Have you seen any pictures of the interior of that unit?  The
> description says it has room for eight disks, but looking at the
> outside, I just can't imagine how that's possible.  Are most of the
> bays limited to 2.5 inch drives or something?

Thanks for your response, Eric. The pictures on their site are the only
ones I've managed to find. I did, however, find a related video on
youtube--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYqA7FvOzhk. That seems to show a
different, perhaps earlier model. But the case looks the same. My guess is
that you'd probably be using 2.5 inch drives if you were going to stuff 8
in there, and that you'd probably have to buy as an add-on their drive
caddy (or two). But that's just a guess. Not too important for me since I
intend to have only two drives.

James