[mythtv-users] HDPVR disappeared from /dev

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:45:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 2:28 AM, Rick <rick at laity.ca> wrote:
> Sounds like the power supply is bad.

It is *always* the first thing to try, as it is always
power (until *proven* otherwise, and if you do not
know how to prove, or have the test equipment to
prove, just presume the PS is bad as it is a ten
second test (well, it is ten seconds if you have the
spares, and you should always have spares)).

> Try and get a replacement from
> Hauppage as they are known to not work with other supplies.

Unless you know power, it is always recommended to
use the manufactures replacements.  FD: I know power,
and have the degree (which proves nothing, other than I
have the degree).  And I automatically replaced (at time
of purchase) every Hauppauge POS power brick/adapter/wart
because, well they are a POS, and have whenever I tried
to depend on them, they have never failed to disappoint.
I am sure Hauppauge saved a few cents per adapter by
not specifying Delta (or Lambda, or the few others that
would rather lose a sale than make a device which will
die in 2 years).