[mythtv-users] Multi-Year Installation Major Disk Corruption - Answer Needed Quickly

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:21:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 20:24:39 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >Also with hopefully crisis averted, I'll ask the second question:
> >
> >There used to be a script you could run, passing it data from a recorded
> >file to add that recorded show back into the MythTV Database.  Is that
> >still available and if so what's the name?  I can pull up the Wiki page
> for
> >docs.
>
> I have never heard of such a script.  I can not think of how one would
> work as it would not have enough information about the recording file
> to create all the database entries required.  What you normally need
> to do with orphaned recording files is to make them into video files.
> First to run the find_orphans.py script to find the orphaned files:
>
>   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py
>
> Do not tell it to delete anything.  Manually move all the orphaned
> files over to a videos directory and play them from there to work out
> what each file is, then rename the file to something that tells you
> what it is.  If you use the right format, you can then get the
> metadata grabber to get metadata for the video file.
>
> Then you can run find_orphans.py again and let it delete all the extra
> files associated with the orphaned recordings, such as *.png thumbnail
> files.

Oh that's interesting.  I could have sworn a while back there was a way to
re-integrate a video recording, since the recordings are all in "channel
number_<date><Time>" format, I figured that was enough.  That's extremely
helpful!  I'm going to let this "Please respond fast" topic die at this
point so that I don't suck up more people's time.  I do have a few more
questions that I'll posit to the group in a different thread.

Thanks to EVERYONE who responded  That's been EXTREMELY Helpful information.