[mythtv-users] Multi-Year Installation Major Disk Corruption - Answer Needed Quickly

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Feb 5 05:08:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 20:24:39 -0600, you wrote:

>Also with hopefully crisis averted, I'll ask the second question:
>
>There used to be a script you could run, passing it data from a recorded
>file to add that recorded show back into the MythTV Database.  Is that
>still available and if so what's the name?  I can pull up the Wiki page for
>docs.

I have never heard of such a script.  I can not think of how one would
work as it would not have enough information about the recording file
to create all the database entries required.  What you normally need
to do with orphaned recording files is to make them into video files.
First to run the find_orphans.py script to find the orphaned files:

  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py

Do not tell it to delete anything.  Manually move all the orphaned
files over to a videos directory and play them from there to work out
what each file is, then rename the file to something that tells you
what it is.  If you use the right format, you can then get the
metadata grabber to get metadata for the video file.

Then you can run find_orphans.py again and let it delete all the extra
files associated with the orphaned recordings, such as *.png thumbnail
files.