[mythtv-users] OT: 4K TV. But why (yet)?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Dec 3 13:05:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-12-03 at 11:35 +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:

> I've just got a new 4k TV,

I wondered who was buying those.  :-)

> On the Mythtv side of things I don't have any actual 4k content to
> watch

Indeed.  I notice that in the stores all of the 4K TVs are showing
slideshows of hi-res (still) photography, of course to show off their
image detail (and it is stunning!), but I suspected that the still
photo slideshows are in absence of being able to show any real video
content @4K.

So what are people buying these things to watch?

b.