[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Sat Aug 15 22:05:45 UTC 2015

Am 15.08.2015, 00:49 Uhr, schrieb <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>:

> Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:51:45 +0100
> From: "Roger Siddons" <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>
> To: "Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

> and IMO intuitive once you 'get it'.
Ahaha.... brilliant!

Honestly, this error is the most prominent root cause for disagreements
about usability.

For mean people, let alone the technicians we all are, an interface to
play music should be usable without the need for any instruction!

Back to topic (of which I deny that it is non-constructive or senseless -
if a piece of information is wrapped into garbage, why waste time with
whining about the garbage?? Throw it away and use the information
instead!) with letting me summarize some opinions:
- Visualisation and usage of the active playlist is fine
- Population of the active playlist is really clever
- Management of playlists is inscrutable
- Philosophics about entitling the active playlist "playlist" or not are
minor, cause it always is a playlist, regardless what it is called; but it
should be made clear what parts correspond to saved playlists and what
parts correspond to the active playlist
- Searching for a specific playlist is impossible in a normal amount of
time; there should be a list of saved playlists one can walk through with
button down while displaying the content of the currently selected
playlist on the other side
- Logic that asks about replacing stuff is obstructive (replace means
delete, which I don't want until I search for a command named delete - I
always have to step back at that point); why not autosaving the current
content of the active playlist?
- Maybe a theme thing: showing/hiding the edit part of the playlist should
be easier

.... far away from being a complete list of opinions, but it covers the
most important points from my view.

--
Bleibend ist immer das Sinnbild - nie das Abbild (Hermann Hesse).

http://www.site7even.de | http://www.nskcomputing.de