[mythtv-users] HD-PVR2 support (please vote)

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at uw.edu
Mon Aug 10 15:59:18 UTC 2015

> For Devin to commit to this work, he would need to see enough interest
> to make it worth while.  How many of you would like to see robust
> support for the HD-PVR2 and improved support for other V4L2 devices?
>

> John

I used mythTV for about 6 years on 6 servers with 16 PVR-150/500 tuners to record course recordings at my work. Unfortunately when it came time to upgrade the tuners I got poor results from my experiments with an HDPVR 1 and 2250, and so I replaced my PVR-150 tuners with HDPVR-2's and used Media Portal (with HDPVR2 patch) and ArgusTV for scheduling.

I'd be very interested in a HDPVR2 driver for linux if it becomes available.

jtlarson