[mythtv-users] splitting analog coax

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 18:42:44 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll thow my .02 in there, I;ve done lots of Coax over the years and one of
> the biggest things you can do is to make sure your coax connectors are
> properly installed, makes a big difference.  Wasn't clear if you were making
> your own connections or using pre made cables, I only use snap and seal
> connections these days.

Agreed, compression connectors (Snap-N-Seal is one) are the better
choice.  That said, as with much else, some experience is needed
to reliably get good connections.  It is rarely worth buying a good
set of tools (that most will likely never use again) for building a few
shorter cables though.  It is usually more cost effective to just purchase
(and use) some of the cables from your local big box store.  And for
the short(er) distances, those cables are usually adequate.