[mythtv-users] Myth backend lockup

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:44:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I don't see him writing that the db was unreachable. He said just the
> > backend service and if I read correct that is all he restarts.
>
> Perhaps you need to review the entire thread, because the OP said:

> database,
>
> To me, that says database.

Hard for me to say since it put nothing in the logs, but I remember doing a
top and seeing the backend process listed. But trying to connect to the
mythbackend, apache came up but it just stalled and finally timed out.  I'm
running mythbuntu and the database is on the same machine, whats odd is I
do not get any error messages until I think I try to connect via mythweb.

Aug  3 09:59:29 mythtv mythbackend: mythbackend[1503]: I TVRecEvent
tv_rec.cpp:1567 (HandlePendingRecordings) TVRec[7]: AS
K_RECORDING 7 29 0 0
Aug  3 18:19:05 mythtv mythbackend: mythbackend[1503]: E JobQueue
mythdbcon.cpp:844 (prepare) Error preparing query: SELEC
T j.id, j.chanid, j.starttime, j.inserttime, j.type, j.cmds, j.flags,
j.status, j.statustime, j.hostname, j.args, j.commen
t, r.endtime, j.schedruntime FROM jobqueue j LEFT JOIN recorded r   ON
j.chanid = r.chanid AND j.starttime = r.starttime O

I think the 18:19 is when I did an apt dist-upgrade, and it kicked things
in back in motion but you see I have no log messages from right at 10 am,
till when I was told there was an issue.  I looked in the myth logs at
least those found in /var/log/mythtv/ and unable to see any issue printed
out, it just stopped.

Will look in the /var/log/ dir and see if I see anything.