[mythtv-users] Myth backend lockup

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:27:49 UTC 2015

Hoi Gary,

Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 1:01:52 AM, you wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't see him writing that the db was unreachable. He said just the
>> backend service and if I read correct that is all he restarts.

> Perhaps you need to review the entire thread, because the OP said:

> To me, that says database.

You're right I missed that line. It was marked as part of the old
message. But then I'm wondering. As I read it he only restarts the
backend service?
In the next line he says:
>  if you try to bring up the mythweb etc, they timeout.
and maybe that he interprets as that the database is unreachable. But
it only means mythbackend is not responding! Without a running and
working backend, mythweb and most thinks won't work!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop