[mythtv-users] Comcast 'flees $45bn monster-merger with Time Warner Cable'

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:25:45 UTC 2015

On 4/24/15 9:37 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>>> Make it your quote, Doug!
> As much as I'd like to, I cannot.  It _was_ a quote from Franklin, but about the safety and security of finance, the site states:
>
> "The letter wasn't about liberty but about taxes and the ability to “raise money for defense against French and Indian attacks. The governor kept vetoing the assembly’s efforts at the behest of the family, which had appointed him.”
>

> Doug

If I recall the timing, that was shortly before Franklin formed his
Associators, a militia that now is part of the PA National Guard under
the 56th brigade. Also coinciding that time was when Franklin convinced
the Quaker community to fund fire engines that turned out to be cannons.
Of course, a cannon most certainly is an engine of fire.