[mythtv-users] Comcast 'flees $45bn monster-merger with Time Warner Cable'

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Fri Apr 24 15:26:37 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----From: Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Comcast 'flees $45bn monster-merger with
Time Warner Cable'
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:15:16 +0930

> On 24 Apr 2015, at 6:43 pm, "Doug Lytle" <support at drdos.info> wrote:
>
> Stephen P. Villano wrote:
>> BTW, in your signature line? Well, Ben Franklin never said that, none of
>> the founding fathers did.
>
> I did a lot of Google on it before placing it many years ago.  Do you have a reference I can read?
>
> Doug
>

> --
> Ben Franklin quote:
>
> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/14/how-the-world-butchered-benjamin-franklins-quote-on-liberty-vs-security/

I haven't read the article yet but looks like someone has done the research?  Maybe?
That Techcrunch article appears to confirm the accuracy of the quote while while assigning it a different context.
If that author's spelling of Hayek is an indicator of his overall thoroughness then maybe that article should be greeted
with some skepticism as well.

Witte's actual material appears here:
http://www.lawfareblog.com/2011/07/what-ben-franklin-really-said/

mike