[mythtv-users] Netflix coming to MythTV native - no more wine/windows?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Sep 24 20:04:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 21:12 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Call it whatever you want, but its name makes absolutely no difference.
> The approach is explicitly prohibited by the ToU.  All you have to do is
> read those terms, which you can do at:  https://www.netflix.com/TermsOfUse
>
> Since you obviously haven't read it, yet, let me quote one part of it:
>
> ----
> 6. Netflix Service
 [legal blah blah deleted]

You are of course free to do what ya want.  As for me, if Netflix were
well supported in Myth, through an official API or through a workaround
I'd be inclined to subscribe.  If they later declined my payment on the
grounds they detected a scraper at work I'd simply stop using them and
continue the perfectly happy Netflix free existence I have now.  That is
the only sane way to deal with idiocy like EULAs as far as I'm
concerned.

Using the lame interfaces on set top boxes ain't no way to live, which
is why I'm not a Netflix subscriber now.