[mythtv-users] Netflix coming to MythTV native - no more wine/windows?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Sep 24 18:57:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Tyler T <tylernt at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just got netflix working on my Mythtv system
>
> Well, that takes all the fun out of arguing about it if you just go
> and do it! :-P

No, I mean I just got it working in Chrome on my system... not integrated
with myth in the least.   I was curious if the HTML5 player had keyboard
shortcuts.

Honestly, I wonder how the handicapped community is going to respond to
this HTML5 player.  Not everyone can use a mouse after all.

> > there is
> > no cursor or other indication of what movie is selected and I see no way
> > to pull up the movie info.
>
> https://github.com/defunkt/dotjs or Tampermonkey should be able to
> take care of that.

I don't think we need to go that far.  Pretty sure it's trivial to write an
extension that loads .js into a page to add functions and listeners and
call functions included with the page.