[mythtv-users] Netflix coming to MythTV native - no more wine/windows?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:37:41 UTC 2014

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/flixfix/lmblncmaecbehbeeiepofafkgaabdfjc?hl=en).

> However this method would be more difficult in the respect that you
couldn't
> use the mythtv themes, and instead would need to do more work to try and
> make it appear seamless.

Seamless is nice, but we may be setting our sights too high. I'd
happily settle for "basic functionality" rather than shooting for
"seamless", personally. Especially since Mr. Dean has made his position on
"scraping" clear.

So... let's say we use Chrome and something like FlixFix for the movie
selection UI (as far as Myth is concerned, we're just launching a web
browser, so, no TOU concerns for Myth -- Netflix can sue the FlixFix devs).
What happens once you're in the DRM-protected Chrome playback environment?
Will/can the playback blob get UI focus so LIRC can send keystrokes to it?
Are there keyboard shortcuts for all of the necessary video controls
(Play/Pause, FF/RW or Skip/Seek, etc)?