[mythtv-users] Problems with Ceton PCIe

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Sep 15 12:14:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Justin Moore <justin.nonwork at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One other oddity I noticed: I bought a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe version, the
> box says PCIe version, and it's plugged into a PCIe slot, but it appears to
> be running "Latest Firmware Image for Ethernet infiniTV (13.5.6.132)". Has
> anyone else reported a Ceton PCIe claiming to run the Ceton ETH firmware?

Yeah, that's perfectly fine. Years ago, they had separate firmware for the
different devices. I was recently debugging an issue with my Ceton (my
thread last month about the new cablecard spec) and when I went to their
website to get new firmware, the PCIe version was over 2 years old. I
emailed Ceton about it and they told me that the ethernet version was the
latest version, and it can be used in ethernet, PCIe, or USB devices.

It's a little confusing on their website because they listed a 2 year old
version as latest for PCIe and USB, and a newer version for ethernet. When
I told them that was confusing, they seem to have update the website to say
the old version was the latest for InfiniTV 4 and the new one was the
latest for InfiniTV 6...even though the "InfiniTV 6" one can also be used
on my PCIe InfiniTV 4 just fine. Guess whoever maintains the website didn't
exactly get the point of my message.

So on that note, I'll also point out that 13.5.6.132 is not the latest.
Firmware 14.4.6.21 is available here:
http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/linux_drivers/

I'm not sure whether or not updating that might make a difference to your
original problem.

--
Ron Frazier