[mythtv-users] from PC to TV: HDMI-DVI Adapter, what about the sound?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Sep 11 06:14:26 UTC 2014

> best,

> from

I would probably opt to buy a new video card... but if that's not possible
they do make DVI+Audio to HDMI adapters... like this one here:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011405&p_id=5369&seq=1&format=2
or here:
http://www.amazon.com/DVI-plus-Audio-HDMI-Converter/dp/B007NZR7H4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1410415779&sr=8-3&keywords=hdmi+to+dvi+with+sound

Again... before I messed around with any of that, I would spend the money
on either a new video card that supports hdmi audio... or a new motherboard
(almost all modern mobo's have hdmi).  You can get a mobo+celeron
cpu/gpu+ram for under $100 that would make a great little frontend.
 Perhaps not as great deinterlacing as a dedicated nvidia GPU... but good
enough.