[mythtv-users] from PC to TV: HDMI-DVI Adapter, what about the sound?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Sep 10 15:58:24 UTC 2014

Am 10.09.2014 um 17:44 schrieb Mike Perkins:

> DVI cables can carry audio since they are electrically compatible with
> HMDI cables.
>
> The problem is, your video card is likely too old to take advantage of
> that fact.

*very* likely ... I don't even want to name it here ;-)

For DVB-S and SD-content it was enough so far (and don't forget the old
tube with the low resolution).

> If you go into the fronted, setup and audio, you should be able to
> select your existing RCA output, though it may require a little
> experimentation.

Yes ... I am searching around ...

maybe it is an ubuntu topic as well, I connected separate PC speakers
now to debug this and currently get no sound there either.

fiddling ...