[mythtv-users] Problems with Ceton PCIe

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 03:33:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Justin Moore <justin.nonwork at gmail.com> wrote:
> If somebody with more familiarity reading backend logs could take a look and
> let me know what I'm missing, though...

(Have not looked at the logs, but....)

Any chance you have iptables filters (with drop) installed?
I suspect that the RTSP packets would not pass the
usual filter tests installed by many current distros.

To eliminate the possibility of a firewall getting in the
way during testing, you can try running as root:

iptables -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -X
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

***NOTE*** This disables all firewall rules.  If your
system is exposed to malicious traffic with
vulnerable services running, you may need to
reinstall your entire system from scratch to
restore to a viable state.