[mythtv-users] Problems with Ceton PCIe

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 19:37:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:
> Maybe we should simply relax the requirement until Ceton fixes their
> implementation. Could turn it into a warning about a present but
> illegal session id.

It is ultimately up to a committor, but since this is a MUST
I would claim that if a relazation is added, it should be used
with a multi-line error message in the logs indicating that
the vendor is not RFC compliant, and that the owner of such
cards should contact their vendor for a fix.  That it will
annoy users of broken cards is actually goodness.