[mythtv-users] MythTV needs to listen on 2 ports

John Moore (Compucom Systems Inc) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 31 19:03:55 UTC 2014

Tremayne,
Your confusion is what I have said is my long term goal has been all along.  I don't have the funding to purchase the hardware needed to make that happen at this time.  My Layer3 switch is broken down into segments already, but Its at capacity and I need another switch to add another network.  Hence the need for more funds.  That right there will run $500 for a decent used 24 port stackable cisco.  All I was looking to do was get this up an running an then purchase some hardware to implement what I want after the holiday.

I am just totally taken by surprise that MythTV cannot listen to more than 1 Network.  Which until Raymond explanation made absolutely no sense.  At this point I have given up on this.  An PLEX will be my goto answer for serving media to my networks as its proven to not be so limited.  Just means no LiveTV.  I will revisit this as MythTV develops an figures out how to deal with multiple networks.

John Moore
OSG VM Solutions Team