[mythtv-users] MythTV needs to listen on 2 ports

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Thu Oct 30 18:14:10 UTC 2014

On 30 Oct 2014, at 17:38, John Moore (Compucom Systems Inc) <v-johmo at microsoft.com> wrote:

> I don't want it to be set to 0.0.0.0.  I want it to be set too my 2 IP's (192.168.2.7 & 192.168.3.7).  I don't think that should be too much to ask.  An if I had a 0.0.0.0 setup, I wouldn't NEED slave servers.  That wouldn't be an issue.  Again, this should be really simple.  MythTV Master backend could allow ALL if NO slaves.  The moment you want slaves, must remove the ALL NICs config.  An it could all be configured thru the gui they already have.
>
> What about creating a Virtual Nic on the MythTV Backend an give it eth2. Set it too 10.0.0.1 an tell mythtv to listen on that. The configure Ubuntu to forward all traffic from ports 3306, 6544, & 6543 on the 2 physical networks (eth0 an eth1) to the Virt NIC.

I don’t think you need the virtual network, just configure mythtv to listen on one of the IP’s then configure 3 DNAT rules to forward the ports from the other IP address to the one mythtv is listening on, you should’t need to worry about the return traffic as you have direct routes to both networks.

Regards
  Russell