[mythtv-users] upgrade to mysql 5.5 breaks frontend

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Mon Oct 27 15:02:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I noticed you did some more extensive work on the ebuild, like
> extra use-flags.

Well, most of it was cleaning up the dependencies, especially between
mythtv and mythplugins.  There were some linking issues because some
configuration settings with mythtv impacted how mythplugins got
linked, and that could cause dependency issues.  The two now are set
up to require that the USE flags be kept in sync where they matter.
There were also some automagic dependencies being pulled in by mythtv
that were missing in the package, which could cause problems.

The other change was the logging in the systemd units (I don't have
much opportunity to test on openrc these days so I haven't touched
those scripts yet, but I'm more than happy to accept patches or work
with somebody willing to test changes).  I'm trying to move away from
mythlogserver as much as possible, as this has been problematic for
some and I believe it is being phased out by the mythtv devs as well.
In the case of systemd it is a fairly easy change since we can just
have everything log to stdout and have the journal pick it up.  It
gets a bit more complicated if you want to have mythtv directly log to
text files as I believe some of this has to be set up at compile time.

--
Rich