[mythtv-users] log errors

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 16:06:47 UTC 2014

On 10/24/2014 09:50 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 > Thanks for the patience and understanding, here are a couple appropriate
> sized logs:
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ./shortlog.sh mythbackend | pastebinit
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8656900/
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ./shortlog.sh mythfrontend | pastebinit
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8656903/

Backend:

Much nicer. The permissions issues was already addressed, probably
/media/storage/mythtv/recordings isn't writable by mythtv, or the
files under it aren't. Type: ls -ld /media/storage/mythtv/recordings
to see what's there now. Mine looks like: drwxrwsr-x 2 mythtv mythtv.

On the frontend:

42's looks important if you use LIRC. If not maybe there's some stale
configuration hanging around. I don't use it so someone else gets to
comment on LIRC.

I get line 43, but don't use a joystick and ignore the line.

The errors in lines 63 to 69 such as: "Unable to find image file" for:
mm_*.png could mean your permissions on your $HOME/.mythtv/themecache
directory. For *example*:

     ~/.mythtv/themecache/Steppes.1920.1080/

If you're not using AirPlay, I'd ignore line 74.

For 83-86, I'd just go into the frontend setup for Themes and delete
the Gray and BlackCurves themes. You seem to be using Steppes.

96 and 98 I don't know how to fix. If they appear frequently (e.g. not
just at startup), then maybe it's time to worry about them.

Suggestion. I'd never pipe the output to pastebinit without reviewing
it first. Had you done it for mythfilldatabase (and if you have more
than one source), there's a bug that puts your Schedules Direct userid
in the output. After spotting it you could safely type:

     ./shortlog.sh mythfilldatabase > /tmp/mfdb.log
     edit /tmp/mfdb.log (and change your actual userid to <useridWasHere>)
     pastebinit /tmp/mfdb.log

And yes, Trac ticket 12300 has a patch for the bug.

--
Bill