[mythtv-users] Display lost on HDMI TV power cycle

NickS nicks272 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 09:51:23 UTC 2014

Back in July 2014 I posted about "Display lost on HDMI TV power cycle":

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/572682#572682In particular, killing the xfsettingsd process seems to resolve the problem of the HDMI signal being lost after power-cycling the TV. However, this has the undesirable side-effect of locking the display frequency to 60Hz (rather than 50Hz) resulting in juddery playback, especially of HD material.

So I currently have two options: 1) I can either leave xfsettingsd running, which gives me 50Hz but I have to restart the "lightdm" process every time I power-cycle the TV, or 2) I kill xfsettingsd so the HDMI signal is not lost but I'm stuck with juddery 60Hz playback.

Please could someone suggest how to keep the HDMI signal and the 50Hz refresh rate.
Many thanks.

Nick