[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 15 14:46:34 UTC 2014

On 10/12/2014 2:57 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 10/12/2014 12:29 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
>> The latest new listings contain:
>> <lineup id='PC:9' name='Local Broadcast Listings' location='Beverly
>> Hills' type='LocalBroadcast' device='LocalBroadcast'
>> postalCode='90210' >
>> <lineup id='PC:9' name='Local Broadcast Listings' location='San
>> Diego' type='LocalBroadcast' device='LocalBroadcast'
>> postalCode='92126' >
>>
>> Note that the lineup 'id' field is now different (truncated?). This
>> does not make a functional difference for MythTV, just pointing out
>> that it is different than the previous service. This might be
>> intentional for the new service.
>>
> Yea, that's a bug.. I'll squish it..
>
> BTW folks, sorry about the outage this morning.. fail2ban thought the
> load balancer check was a bag guy and blocked it... then the load
> balancer thought the host was down...  isn't a new system fun? :)
>
> Robert

Thanks, RobertE.  I can confirm that the 'id' field is back to normal.

One thing I noticed in the listings from the replacement service is that
it is sending data for all channels in the lineup(s), instead of just
those that were enabled on the SD website.  This works fine, in that one
gets the listings, but does take more bandwidth and time.  This is not
something that I think needs to be "fixed" soon, but just an
optimization for later, if ever.

I have been using the replacement service for the last couple of days,
and I am noticing something that concerns me.  The listings data I am
getting appears to not be equivalent enough to the previous service to
match my previously recorded rules.  I'm seeing shows that I know I
previously recorded being rescheduled for future recordings.

Jay