[mythtv-users] New MythTV feature - background image on list of recorded shows

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:09:25 UTC 2014

> On 14 Oct 2014, at 10:37 am, "Dick Steffens" <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/13/2014 03:50 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>>
>>> On 14 Oct 2014, at 8:54 am, "Dick Steffens" <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> A couple of days ago a new feature showed up in MythTV. It appears that a frame of the show is now used as the background for the list of recorded shows. It's a nice idea for those who like that kind of thing, but it also makes reading the list harder, due to issues of contrast and color.
>>>
>>> Is this a feature that can be turned on and off? If so, where would I find that setting?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Dick Steffens

>> Which theme are you using?
>
> MythCenter-wide 1.7.
>
> I went down to the TV and had a look at the Theme Chooser. There were several themes listed. I tried two others, just to see what they looked like. The first one was Arclight. The second one was Terra. When I went to try a third one there were only four on the list, Arclight, MythCenter, MythCenter-wide, and Terra.
>
> I switched back to MythCenter-wide.
>
> Not every program has a background image. An NFL football game does not. Various programs from HGTV and DIY network do. The Ken Burns Roosevelts series on PBS do not.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dick Steffens

I think Hika is going to be correct - it's most likely 'fanart'. For some reason the media downloader has started to work where previously it has been failing for you. That's a good thing? Maybe?

There is the disable checkbox in the options as suggested by Hika. But I think you will also need to find and delete everything that has been downloaded to date. And (IIRC) even then you might still get some.

I think something that has worked for others previously is to change the permissions of where ever your coverart / fanart is going so that the MythTV user no longer has write access to that location, try a search of the list for more details. I think there was a thread along these lines in the last couple of months.