[mythtv-users] New MythTV feature - background image on list of recorded shows

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Oct 14 00:07:19 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 03:50 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:

>> On 14 Oct 2014, at 8:54 am, "Dick Steffens" <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
>>
>> A couple of days ago a new feature showed up in MythTV. It appears that a frame of the show is now used as the background for the list of recorded shows. It's a nice idea for those who like that kind of thing, but it also makes reading the list harder, due to issues of contrast and color.
>>
>> Is this a feature that can be turned on and off? If so, where would I find that setting?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dick Steffens

> Which theme are you using?

MythCenter-wide 1.7.

I went down to the TV and had a look at the Theme Chooser. There were
several themes listed. I tried two others, just to see what they looked
like. The first one was Arclight. The second one was Terra. When I went
to try a third one there were only four on the list, Arclight,
MythCenter, MythCenter-wide, and Terra.

I switched back to MythCenter-wide.

Not every program has a background image. An NFL football game does not.
Various programs from HGTV and DIY network do. The Ken Burns Roosevelts
series on PBS do not.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens