[mythtv-users] How to check if a tuner is in use

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:28:00 UTC 2014

Hoi Bill,

> On 10/13/2014 04:05 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
 >> Thanks, if I read it correctly it's what Bill's script queries. The
>> other uses a Mythtv system call (MythBE) and only queries the database
>> to get names and priorities.
>> Again a reason to learn more about python.

> The script I posted uses the Services API. That seem to be
> the direction the developers are taking. You can look at
> the full output from a browser by doing this:

>      yourBackendHostnameOrIp:6544/Dvr/GetEncoderList

> The python script does just that and then parses the
> output. You can then choose what data is important and
> what to print or what exit codes to return.

I saw, only your 'Inputs/Input' queries are not there with me.
(DisplayName, ScheduleOrder and LiveTVOrder)
How do I interpret the status codes.
I saw 0 = inactive, 7 = recording and -1 = Not connected.

By the way you can query from another host, but then you have to
integrate IP or fully qualified hostname in the script. Now it queries
localhost.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven