[mythtv-users] How to check if a tuner is in use

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:15:04 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 04:05 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
 > Thanks, if I read it correctly it's what Bill's script queries. The
> other uses a Mythtv system call (MythBE) and only queries the database
> to get names and priorities.
> Again a reason to learn more about python.

The script I posted uses the Services API. That seem to be
the direction the developers are taking. You can look at
the full output from a browser by doing this:

     yourBackendHostnameOrIp:6544/Dvr/GetEncoderList

The python script does just that and then parses the
output. You can then choose what data is important and
what to print or what exit codes to return.

--
Bill