[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Mon Oct 13 18:04:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/2014 9:49 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
>

> The Wiki has been updated to include the RPZ solution, as well as
> with the 0.28-pre commit. Thanks for all the suggestions.
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedules_Direct_Replacement_Service
>
> The 1st official fix is out! And it's the same one line change
> that has appeared on this list.
>

> "Finally, the following was written as if the backend is running a
> nameserver only for itself (the appliance model.)"
>
> I installed your RPZ solution on a nameserver serving my whole LAN and it
> works in that environment as well. The only change I made was to ignore most
> of your options{} and only use:
>
> response-policy {zone "rpz.localhost";};
>

> The other options would break a general purpose nameserver.
>
> I think most DNS admins will be able to figure it out, but file paths will
> vary from installation to installation. My setups use /var/named for their
> data files.

For those on 0.28, the fix for this went in today

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/4cb10e52b7e9c2ffec9111f76556a64c8fc7aba7

Once some testing has been done, this will go to 0.27.

As for the wiki, Bill at the risk of tooting my own horn, we should
add something about the Ubuntu builds in there, perhaps the date that
the fix was added to each branch.

--
Thanks,

Thomas Mashos