[mythtv-users] MythGallery: selecting a favorite picture as directory thumb

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 11 00:43:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 19:32:00 +0100, Angela <angela.schmid at wolke7.net>
wrote:

> I would like to select a picture/thumb to be used as a directory thumb(in
> the parent view).
>
> At the moment to create a directory thumb it recursives in the directory
> find the first possible picture and uses it to create a thumb.
>
> In iconview.cpp I found the following code:
>
> if (item->IsDir())
> { // try to find a highlight
> QDir subdir(item->GetPath(), "*.highlight.*",
> QDir::Name, QDir::Files);
>
> I renamed XXXX.JPG to XXXX.highlight.JPG but it was not picked up as the
> favorite picture to generate a directory thumb (the .thumbcache has been
> deleted).
> What does this code do/how should it be used?
>
> Is there a way to set a favorite picture as the directory thumb or is
> something broken?
>
> Angela

That code isn't being used - it's old code for interfacing with
http://galleryproject.org/. See
http://marc.info/?l=mythtv-dev&m=107994033415454

I don't believe there is a way to specify a folder thumb currently.

However it shouldn't be difficult to add. I knocked up the attached (0.28)
patch that uses a thumb called "folder.*", if it exists. I haven't tested
it properly but it's a start. (I'm not convinced 'folder' will always be
the first file returned)