[mythtv-users] MythGallery: selecting a favorite picture as directory thumb

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Thu Oct 9 18:32:00 UTC 2014

I would like to select a picture/thumb to be used as a directory thumb (in
the parent view).

At the moment to create a directory thumb it recursives in the directory to
find the first possible picture and uses it to create a thumb.

In iconview.cpp I found the following code:

        if (item->IsDir())
        {            // try to find a highlight
            QDir subdir(item->GetPath(), "*.highlight.*",
                        QDir::Name, QDir::Files);

I renamed XXXX.JPG to XXXX.highlight.JPG but it was not picked up as the
favorite picture to generate a directory thumb (the .thumbcache has been
deleted).
What does this code do/how should it be used?

Is there a way to set a favorite picture as the directory thumb or is
something broken?

Angela