[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:49:30 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014 07:05 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
 > OK.  I put the mfdb output here (http://pastebin.com/7rUiRbzd).  I noticed that I did not get  the "Failed to fetch some program info" message
> at the end, so that may be unrelated.  I'm running 0.21-fixes.
>
> I am suspicious that my issue is similar to the one Leo Butler reports (in this same thread) with two lineups.  The channels I am missing are
> from one of my two lineups.  I have two lineups configured on the SD web site, and the current service sends listings for both and mfdb fills in
> the database just fine.

Hi,

Oops, I'm not going to be of much help here, I'm running 0.28-pre.

I looked at fixes/0.21  and it appears to have the -dd-grab-all
flag. You might just try it and see if you get your 2nd source.
The only reasons I know of for not using it (learned from reading
this list) is if you have an underpowered host or some huge
number of channels.

In 0.28-pre, mythfilldatabase --help refresh-all reports, in part:

     If being used with datadirect, this option should not be used,
     rather use --dd-grab-all to pull all listings each time.

For the record, I have 2 sources and am getting data for both.

At the risk of asking a dumb question, how are you detecting the
missing channels?

For those playing along and comfortable taking a peek with mysql,
here's the query I used to verify that I'm getting data:

     SELECT chanid,starttime,title FROM program WHERE chanid = 2602 ORDER BY starttime DESC LIMIT 20;

Of course I changed chanid to look different channels in both sources.

--
Bill