[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

leo.butler at member.ams.org leo.butler at member.ams.org
Thu Oct 9 23:06:38 UTC 2014

Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> writes:

> On 10/2/2014 7:38 AM, Leo Butler wrote:
>> Done without incident. But it was so transparent as to be invisible:
>> how can I know that the json service was used? I did
>>
>> mythfilldatabase --dd-grad-all
> The JSON service was not used, you would know if it was... you'd need to install a JSON grabber and set up lineups.
>
> You tested a drop-in replacement for Tribune Media Services' Data
> Direct service, developed and hosted by SD.  It's less efficient and
> less featured than the SD JSON service, but I hope it is "good enough"
> for folks that don't want (or can't) move.

I have been using the new service since you made this announcement. It
has worked fine for 1 source (digital cable) but not another (analog
cable). I have pasted the log file at

http://pastebin.com/RwCkRXFF

My cable supplier (CableOne in Fargo ND) runs both a digital and an
analog signal on the same line, and I have an old pvr-150 that I use in
addition to an hdhr3-cc. But I haven't seen any listings or recordings
for this analog service since I changed over.

Leo