[mythtv-users] Running MythTV on CentOS

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:44:55 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> At present I have only have i686 and I believe RHEL comes in x86_64 only...

Correct.  RHEL 7 is only provided for x86_64 on Intel.

The target audience (and those that are paying
customers (remember them?)) for Red Hat
is enterprises that replace equipment more
often than once a decade (the OPEX savings
in power exceeds the CAPEX for the replacement,
let alone the increased capabilities).

While I do still have an i686 system around
(I never power it on, but I do have it), even
my Atom server appliances (providing dhcp,
dns, ldap, kerberos, etc.) are x86_64.

I am afraid that support for i686 systems is
becoming limited (and I would expect is being
tested less and less).  Probably time to add
a replacement system to the "wish" list.